Architecturally designed apartment block;
17 apartments over 3 floors with a basement car park for 20 cars and an 8 person lift covering all floors.
- Demolition of 2 community halls with significant asbestos removal
- 104 off 900mm diameter reinforced piles to 16.0 metres deep
- 13.0m post tensioned cable anchors under neighbouring premises
- 6.5m vertical cut on boundary.
- 120 Off-site precast panels
- Redesigned post tensioned transfer slabs to one flat plate eliminating 24 beam thinknessesand reducing the structural steel from 120 tonne to 17 tonne.
- Due to crane obstruction issues utilised the Polywall, concrete core filled polystyrene system for all party and load bearing walls from ground-floor up.
- POLYWALL® ICF (Insulating Concrete Forms) systems provide a fast, strong, economical and environmentally-friendly method of building multi-level houses, retaining walls, fences, swimming pools, or any other structure that requires strong, reinforced concrete walls.
- A POLYWALL® ICF structure consists of expanded polystyrene panels and reinforced concrete. POLYWALL® is erected on site, and can be filled with concrete to a height of three metres in a single pour when used with the correct bracing and pouring technique.
- The benefits of building with POLYWALL® are:
- structural strength
- high thermal efficiency
- low sound transfer through walls
- high fire resistance
- quick to build
|Ground floor||773.0 m2|
|First Floor||595.0 m2|
|Second Floor||480.0 m2|
Posted on:December 11, 2014